Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Moon Festival

did you eat some mooncake? i hope you did! i know i did. :D my parents got a package of mooncakes with all different flavors. date, pineapple, redbean, and lotus. my fav is the lotus without the egg yolk. it's strange that most chinese people love the yolk inside the mooncake. in fact, they sell mooncakes with two yolks inside, but those are more expensive. ever since we were little, my brothers and i would pick out the yellow yolks. someone told me friday nite was supposed to be the largest harvest moon in many years. i was thinking of diana when i found out since she has a strange fear of large moons. however the moon didn't look that large nor yellowish...so lucky diana was spared from her fear. haha.

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The moon was large and yellow from here in SoCal. But only on Sunday. Saturday's moon was icy white.

I don't know anyone who likes the egg yolk except my mom. I think it's just wrong to have a salty thing in a sweet thing. Is it even a chicken egg?

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger melsybo said...

yes i totally agree with you on the salty things inside sweet things! yuck! also, yeah i think you're right, it's a salty duck egg and not a chicken egg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home