Friday, October 06, 2006

caution, girly post ahead

i'm a shampoo adict. I'm always searching for the perfect shampoo and conditioner set. and even when i find one, i'll switch to something else just to see if i can find something better. lately my fav is matrix - amplify. smell is important, it has to be clean and light smelling, no heavy perfumes. also it has to leave my hair not too weighed down, frizz free, and shiney. lately with all these sleeky, shiney products - they tend to actually leave a film on my hair that feels really gross. i bought a fructis conditioner "sleek and shiny" and it literally made my hair look oily, made me look like i didn't wash my hair! gross! (however being the frugal chinese person, i can't bring myself to throw it away. so i'll use some every once in a while, get grossed out again, then try it again 1 month later. i need to throw it away) i guess things could be worse though. even though a bottle of matrix shampoo is over 10 bux, there are other ones that are 20 bux for a tiny bottle. i've always been tempted to try those, but it seems like such a waste of cash! of course there are some good shampoos that have been cheaper. so i'll alternate so i don't feel so high maintenance. but i still prefer the nicer shampoos. hehe.

also, i've found the perfect hand lotion. i wash my hands constantly at work since i tend to prop my head against my hands when i'm reading something. however if my hands aren't clean enough, i'll break out on my chin area. however since i do wash my hands so much, they get really dry. it's really hard to find a good hand lotion that smells good and isn't greasy. but after reading some reviews on drugstore.com (yes i'm nerdy like that, i research hand lotion so i hopefully won't need to return it if i don't like it), i went to buy some of Johnson's new soft cream extra care healing hand cream. it does what the reviews say! not greasy, stays after washing hands, and smells nice!

:)

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, you are SO FUNNY with the Chinese can't-waste-stuff compulsion, like me! I have the Fructis hair masque weekly conditioner, and it must be "greasier" than your daily conditioner, but only using it once a week doesn't make my hair look too bad. For that day that I use it, my hair is flatter and less bouncy-looking.

I don't believe in the perfect shampoo/conditioner combo, but I believe in a perfect-right-now combo. The reason is that no matter what the product, I've found that if I use it daily for a month, it's gonna lose its effect. So I always use the good shampoo one or two days in a row, then sub in a cheap clarifying shampoo to eliminate buildup (like Alberto VO5 in some clarifying formula), then switch back to the good one for a day or two. It lengthens the efficacy of the expensive shampoo.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger melsybo said...

actually i do alternate with cheap and expensive stuff. but the cheap stuff i use isn't clarifying. mebbe i should try that! however i totally notice when i use the cheap stuff since i love my hair so much more after the expensive stuff. but you're right, when i use the expensive stuff everyday it loses it's effect.

so what's the nice stuff that you use?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home