Monday, April 23, 2007

saving caused me to lose

i had earned a southwest rapid reward ticket to fly anywhere southwest goes for free. and what did i do? well i wanted to save it for somewhere which was more expensive than just LA. i already bought tickets for a wedding in NYC but i had found cheaper tickets on a non-southwest airline. so i didn't use my reward. i also bought tickets for an LA wedding, and i didn't use the reward because again i wanted to use it for a flight that was more worth it. then then, i look today to try to buy a ticket to see amy, and the reward ticket expired! i didn't know they expired. :-p

ugh...

lesson to me, don't save things. use them right away!

7 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things like this always reminds me of a portion of an email forward that talked about a beautiful rose candle that this woman saved and saved for years and never would burn, and she'd kept it in the garage with some other stuff, and one day she went out and saw that the heat that summer had warped and melted her candle. She never got to enjoy it.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger melsybo said...

yeah i know. i've been trying not to save things anymore because i have a bad habit of saving things and not using them. i literally still have hello kitty pencils which i saved when i was a little girl because they were my favorite and i didn't want to use them.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger diana said...

call SW- they might extend it or give you something for it. it doesn't hurt to ask.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This happened to me again yesterday! James brought me back a really NICE bottle of sake, and I was of course planning on saving it cuz the seal is so nice, and then I thought, "Oh no! What if this has a shelf life, and in saving it, it spoils and I NEVER get to enjoy it?!"

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger melsybo said...

actually good sake should be opened within a year

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eep. Good to know! Thanks.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Jane Lee said...

My experience tells me better to receive cash rebate right away rather than credits to apply on flights so that I don't have to worry about the expiration date, restrictions and black out dates etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home