Friday, November 10, 2006

bdays

i'm not especially fond of making a huge deal about my birthdays. last year i actually almost forgot it was my bday since i was in the midst of doing so much school work! i look upon it as a good time to get together with all my good friends. but it doesn't really matter to me what we are doing. people always say - "it's your bday so it's what YOU want to do" but i've never been comfortable with dictating like that. i would rather do something everyone enjoys, not just me. we could be all hanging out at someone's house, eating at a restaurant, or clubbing --i could do anything and have fun just as long as my friends are there. however this year, it's the big birthday. you know, the one that everyone dreads, turning 30. it's not that i dread turning 30, i feel like i'm at a good place and have accomplished most of my goals that i've set for myself. (except the buying my own house thing, but i'm working on that one) however i almost feel i dread turning 30 just because everyone else dreads turning 30. but what really needs to change? do i stop going dancing in sf? do i start drinking black coffee? do i stop going out to meet up with friends so often and start staying home? do i start dressing up more so i look my age? well maybe if i have to see a client, but other than that, i'm perfectly happy wearing my comfy jeans all the time--much to my dad's chagrin since he's always wanting me to wear dresses and act more like a lady. well maybe this year i'll actually wear a dress out to dinner and we'll go to a lounge afterwards. i suppose just a little more mature and elegant is a good thing. all depends what people feel like doing i guess.

another thing, stacey, one of the people we met in vegas, wants to do a joint event since our bdays are on the same day. although, other than vegas, i don't know her that well so i was apprehensive at first about doing a joint event. since i'm somewhat ambivalent about what to do however, i guess i'll just go ahead and tell her i'll join her. it's always good for different groups of friends to meet. i just don't want it to be an all out clubfest. =P

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger melsybo said...

oh not yet, not until dec. it's only on my mind already because stacey has already asked me twice about a joint event. otherwise i'd just plan something the week beforehand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home