Monday, October 30, 2006

pho, hay mong and garlic crab

woke up late on sunday and went with mom and dad to the pho place off of capitol. Pho Kim Long 2082 N. Capitol Ave. i was craving pho ever since 3AM when diana mentioned we wanted to go eat. but at the time it was really late and everyone was too tired to go eat. so i woke up in the morning starving for pho at 8am. but everyone was still sleeping! i could have woken up for a snack to tide me over, but i didn't want to ruin my appetite for pho. FINALLY my parents are ready to leave at 3pm. dad draggggsssss when we have to leave the house. by the time we got there i was about to digest myself, i was so hungry. however the wait paid off, the huge tasty bowl of pho hit the spot!

after pho we went grocery shopping. mom bought 50 dollars worth of chilean sea bass because it was on sale for 9.99 a pound in ranch 99. also the fish guy cut up the fillets right from a fresh fish, exactly the size my mom wanted. my mom joked that she always gets better fish and meats when she brings me along. haha. the same fish guy had once approached me in the parking lot after we had bought a bunch of fish. he asked if i was married. i said no but i had a bf. he exclaimed "ah! aw yow hay mong!" that means - ah! i have hope! hahaha.

when we got home, dad taught me how to make the most delicious garlic crab. not too much too it. but sooo delicious. all we ate was crab, nothing else. hehehe....

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home