Thursday, April 28, 2005

mel is comin home!!

i just accepted an offer from one of the biotechs. it's a sweet gig where i will work with one of my old coworkers who is the senior director of business development. he's going to have me working on million dollar deals if possible. and there are maybe 3 possible deals over the course of the summer. even my mentor/prof agrees that it's much better experience than at a VC since i would get a whole lot of responsibility. i also chatted with a managing partner at a huge biotech vc. she's been in the biz since 1990. even she said that the bus dev experience would be much better for my career since a VC will prolly just have me read business plans and do boring stuff. i'm soooooo excited i get to be going home. and it's in san jose! no more long commute!

it's finals time. I just had one early final and the rest will be next week. it's sooooo hard to concentrate while i'm thinking about going back to the bay area.

list of things to do when i get home:
give hugs to all the people i've missed
see all my friends that i haven't chatted with
have another oyster fest
have a pool party
have a bonfire at the beach
swim every chance i get
learn how to golf
have lunches with the VC's i've chatted with
eat all the food i've missed
the list goes on...but i have to study!

ordinarily the first thing i would want to do is see my hunny...but he'll be in austrailia on vacation! that lucky pooper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home