Monday, February 23, 2009

hugs and sneakers

hug it out

after watching an episode of gray's anatomy streaming online, it got me remembering about something i had read a long time ago. basically one of the characters was freaking out and needed someone to hug her to calm her down. she explained the physiological reaction which started with hugs - which would eventually lower her heart rate and reduce her hyper ventilation.

when i was little i read the same information and every day after my dad came back from work i would give him a big bear hug in hopes it would make him healthier and live longer. asian dads are not always the huggy type ;) my mom however loooooves hugs. she will give bear hugs randomly at any hour of the day, any time she sees one of her kids or hubby. even though i like to give hugs just because...it somehow motivates me to give good hugs not only to family but also to friends after learning about the increased oxcytocin. fun fact about me - i consciously make an effort to give good hugs when i say goodbye to friends and family. don't be alarmed if i squeeze you tightly. haha.

more fun facts about me? i have an illogical addiction to discounts. they make me very happy. i bought running shoes recently - orig price $168. but i got them for $89 after a sale and an additional $10 off coupon. sure there were other shoes which were discounted 30% and would mean only $60 out of pocket - asics and new balance - good running shoes. however i like to be able to say I got more than 50% off. when i went running with the new shoes, it made my shins hurt a little. but i was determined to keep the shoes since i got such a good deal! so i ran again - and it seems they hurt less as they get more broken in. haha. yay! i love it when my determination pays off. haha.

one last fun fact about me? i lose my voice a lot because i can't stop talking. i talk so much that sometimes i get a sore throat. i continue talking even with the sore throat, and then i lose my voice. i can't shut up! thank goodness for the internet to allow me to release my thoughts other than verbally.

2 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

(z)

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so cute. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home