Tuesday, January 08, 2008

wikipedia and will power

these two things are not related. but right now i was chatting with irene and she said she was looking up fred astaire on wikipedia. made me wonder, who verifies information on wikipedia? i mean, i know it gets verified and i know citations need to be provided. however sometimes there are entries in which it says "citation needed". so who are these information verification people? and how do they get paid? i don't see any form of revenue from advertisements on the site.

will power, i need to get back on the wagon to work out again. since the shop, i've slacked off. mostly because during the day i forget to eat lunch and by the time elaine takes over the shop, i'm starving and don't have the energy to go gymming. sometimes i'd eat dinner with her and then i feel too full to go gymming. i really don't like to go gymming after i eat because i just don't feel that great and generally don't go all out and push myself on a full stomach. however i'm trying to do better. i gymmed friday and sat as well as today. cardio, abs and weights. want to get that rockin' bod by summertime. i don't know how all those celebs are able to get fit so quickly after childbirth. i mean, you gain so much weight! i wonder if i'd be able to get back to my original shape after a baby.

i'm also in need of will power right now to resist eating any more chocolate covered blueberries. mmmmmm blueberries. mmmmm blueberry cereal. my fav cereal is blueberry morning by post. mmmmm resist having a bowl of cereal right now. what's going on with me? i'm not pmsing so why am i craving foods? strangely enough i was craving swedish fish candy earlier today because i was talking to elaine about it.

hunny is bumping up the studying for part 2 of his certification exam and is studying at least 4 hours every day now. i have never had the will power that he has and would normally just freak out and cram the month beforehand. it's a quality i really admire in him, his super strong will power.

2 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have fears about body changes after pregnancy/childbirth, too. :<
If I didn't have a day-job and I can afford a personal trainer to come to my house and work me out for 3-4 hours a day and could hire a personal chef who's great on nutrition, AND they tell me getting back in shape will guarantee me a few mil for my next picture, HELL YEAH I'd be able to do it, too! But I'm NORMAL.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger melsybo said...

well true if everyone had a trainer for 3-4 hours a day, we'd all be in great shape! however we don't. but we can make choices each day. i know it's hard for me to motivate myself to go gymming. it's much more enjoyable to sit here on my laptop and watch streamed tv, blog, surf the web, etc. technically i do have time to work out every day. i think the mentality i had behind this post was more to wonder if i would be motivated to work out when my situation is different (ie, i have a baby). since when i'm tired or hungry, my motivation definitely drops. i just have to remember how good it feels when i'm felling those endorphins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home