Friday, December 07, 2007

hard work

i'm sitting in the yogurt shop now. our first day of biz was saturday and we have not even finished one week yet. however i've now learned to fully clean and assemble a yogurt machine all by myself if i have to. those darn things are more complicated than u think! one was making a funny noise yesterday and totally freaked me out. luckily once we took it apart and put it together again it worked. visitors are starting to come by now. yay! thanks for your support! it totally makes my day to get a familiar face as a visitor.

this is definitely much harder work than i thought it would be. it's pretty hard to be at the shop so long. the last couple of days we had to clean the machines so i was here from 10am until 11:30. ugh. my feet were hurting so much. i'm not used to this manual labor! although i do get some perks - i get my feet massaged by hunny when i get home. ahhhh......feels soooooo goooooood. my whole fam has also been super supportive. i know i'm totally spoiled by them and am grateful because i'm just so tired by the time i get home. although with all this work, one thing i noticed is i don't eat as much as i normally do. the last few days i ate oatmeal for breakfast - about half a bowl, then a banana or some yogurt for lunch, then dinner is some home food that was packed up. so i don't eat a real substantial meal until dinner time. however i find that i'm not super hungry during the day. weird.

anyhow, it's not very busy obviously since it's been cold out. come visit me!

4 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, it sounds rough Mel! Don't worry, things will get better...and as soon as I'm back up there, I'm going to visit you all the time! Save (a lot of) yogurt for me!

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna visit! If I leave and start walking now, I'll see you in a week!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger U said...

coming soon for a visit! promise. are you serving hot chocolate too? :) happy bday mel! hope you had a wonderful day yesterday.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger melsybo said...

ghostwriter - ok i will save a lot of yogurt for u! haha

cindy - why don't you fly on a plane, it's much faster and easier on your feet. ;)

sandra - thanks so much for the bday wishes! no hot chocolate yet but we would like to get some hot liquids available soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home