Tuesday, June 05, 2007

ruminations on a spinning bike

john mayer posted ruminations on a treadmill on his blog so i thought i would do something similar for my thoughts during spinning. you would think that my mind would be more focused during spinning since it's so rigorous. but not so!

5 min - ok this isn't so bad, i'm feeling strong today so hopefully i'm not dying by the end of the class. my bike is clicking, so annoying. should i switch? nah too lazy.
10 min - whoo getting a little tired now. that woman behind me has a nice body
15 min - i wonder how much she has to diet to look like that. i hate diets.
20 min - i have that set of interviews on wednesday - i hope i don't have to move
21 min - i really like the job, i just wish it were closer
22 min - i seem to really like the things i do now, will i still like BD when i have a family?
23 min - ugh my legs are burning, and it's only 23 min into the class. another climb?!!
23 min - i'm sweating so much - i hope that means i'm burning a lot of calories
24 min - i wonder if they make this room extra warm, i'm dripping! so not attractive.
30 min - ONLY half way through the class! i hope we start stretching soon.
31 min - i need to eat better
32 min - i wonder if i really dieted, would i ever be able to look like jessica alba? only with smaller boobs of course since some things get smaller with weight loss.
33 min - jessica alba does 1 hr of cardio and 1 hr of weights five days a week. that's a lot of gymming
35 min - if i got to my ideal body shape, how hard would i have to work to maintain it?
36 min - if i moved, i would be so lonely since all my friends are far. but i would work out every day and be in great shape
37 min - great shape or happy - happy wins.
38 min - happy or good career move - career move wins for now
40 min - good lord 20 minutes left. i'm dying. push push push!
43 min - the spin instructor sure has a lot of energy.
44 min - i can tell some people here spin a lot but they are still not that skinny. darn genetics.
45 min - i feel like a wuss, i'm still dying. 15 more minutes seems like forever.
46 min - please stretch soon, please please
47 min - what! two more climbs? i can't do it! push push push!
48 min - ok try to take my mind off the pain - ahh hunny. i heart hunny.
49 min - still keep my mind off - my ankle isn't hurting, this is good. i need to spin more often and run less
50 min - i wish 24 had an outdoors olympic sized pool for me to do laps in. swimming indoors just isn't the same.
51 min - this is insane, i'm so tired. why did i decide to go spinning again? push push push
52 min - 8 minutes left
53 min - i'm dying. 7 more minutes
54 min - my thighs look really big in the mirror, darn genes. 6 more minutes
55 min - forget the pain - think about that red bikini that i want to look hot in this summer. 5 more minutes
56 min - ugh i would have to go to many more spin classes to look hot. 4 more minutes.
57 min - how come john makes this look so easy. i feel like a wuss. three more minutes
58 min - almost done two more minutes!
59 min - ugh i want to stop now. but i need to push push!
60 min - FINALLY done!
stretching to john mayer's body is a wonderland. i love that song.

5 minutes later - that wasn't so bad. i need to do this more often. what a great work out!

7 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Viv said...

This was totally hilarious. Did you really record all that on the bike??

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger melsybo said...

no i didn't record it on the bike. so the minutes are not accurate. but i did think all of these thoughts while on the bike.

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Mayer has a blog which you read? What's the address? I have a friend who's OBSESSED w/him.

You're freaking hilarious! And so cute! When I'm doing the countdown and dying on the treadmill or bike, I either start looking at the calories burned and set myself a goal that I can root for, such as "90 seconds left, and I'm at 434 calories burned. Can I make it to 440 calories?", or I pretend that I'm riding a bike on the ground on a path, and at the end of that path is the hot body I want to have, and I'm riding fast and hard to get to that body. And sometimes thinking about a guy's ex kicks up a competitiveness in me that gets me thru, too. (Like my ex told me cattily when we were still together that his ex was working out and trying to win him back, and that she'd called him to tell him she'd lost like 20 lbs.)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger melsybo said...

i discovered john mayer's blog recently so i haven't been a long time reader. but i will now add his link at the side of my blog. i love his songs and have listened to live sets of him where he's joking around. he just has that quirky charm with those offbeat jokes that i think is oh so attractive. the whole guitar playing singer thing also works for me. hehe.

as for motivation to push, i also push for round numbers like you! something with a zero in it. the more the better. it's the neat freak in me - need everything nice and tidy. can't say it's ever been a good motivation to think of a guy's ex though - i mean WHO does that? calls someone else's guy to say they lost 20 pounds. they should get fit for themselves, not for a boy. or to look hot in a bikini, that's ok too. haha

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger melsybo said...

oh also - what a yucky ex for being so catty. good thing you are with mr. w now!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger diana said...

this is pretty funny - iwill try that when i run next time, to see if it's any less painful.

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re the ex, he insisted in being "friends" with all his exes, so it's not uncommon that he'd be in touch with them, and he doesn't tell his exes that he's moved on, either, so it's not uncommon that they'd think they've still got a foot in the door w/him. And they probably always did have a foot in the door, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home