Tuesday, January 03, 2006

happy holidays and happy new year!

i've been a total bum since coming home for xmas break! i don't remember what it's like to do work anymore! hahaha.....i love it! been spending my days sleeping in, watching movies, chatting and eating with my family, calling friends, doing dinners and lunches. sometimes i feel bad for not doing any work ( i should be working on club stuff and seeking out more people to network with for a fulltime job). but then i wait a few minutes and that bad feeling subsides as i wallow deeper into my lethargy. hahaha...

hunny and i went snowboarding for our 2 year anniversary. but it rained and we got soaked. and i got the flu. booo. and so i spent all of the friday before new years sleeping and inhaling medication so that i could go out for new years. i've forgotten how nice it is to be taken care of by my parents when i'm sick. after all these years my dad still loves to take care of me, monitoring all my medication, checking my temperature constantly. i still love being his little girl sometimes. i would not have made such a speedy recovery without him! for new years, hunny was nice enough to drive all the way over to my house to pick me up so i didn't have to drive while sick. first we stopped over at diana's house. diana had an immaculate display of cheese, meats and crackers. as well as divers bottles of good wine! you can be assured all were consumed. none by me as the regulator ...ahem...i mean hunny...wouldn't let me drink any alcohol since i was sick. dave made this amazing pasta and pesto/bacon encrusted salmon. caroline brought baked brie and hand made chocolate truffles. sabrina and jon made it out as well all the way from LA! also saw jen shen there, it's been a long time since i've seen her. it was so nice to eat and drink with everyone together. it was also a great chance for people to get to know hunny better. generally we tend to do a lot of huge group things with my friends so it's hard to really get to talk. so it was nice to hear our own voices, take our time, and just chill. after dinner we headed up to lawrence's house for party number two with his brothers and his HS friends for the countdown. mostly a lot of talking and laughing. they do drink a little but nothing really crazy. mostly a chill but memorable new years.

final thoughts of the year:
each day i'm home, i miss it more and more. i am forever grateful for the health and happiness of my family. i can't wait to move back to the bay area. a friend has told me about all the opportunities in china, but i just don't think i could be away for that long. the laughter and love of my family is infectious and always warms my heart no matter how cold it is outside.

i love hunny more and more with every second i spend with him. and when i feel like i can't possibly love anyone more...my heart expands and i love him even more. he takes care of me but in a way that is so subtle - so that i still feel like i'm not being babied. he makes me laugh without trying at all. his embrace makes all my worries and pains go away. his words soothe my soul.

and with that, i'll leave u! also i'll share pics from the weekend! :D


Upload Video and Photos at DropShots.com


Upload Video and Photos at DropShots.com


Upload Video and Photos at DropShots.com


Upload Video and Photos at DropShots.com


Upload Video and Photos at DropShots.com


Upload Video and Photos at DropShots.com


Upload Video at DropShots.com


Upload Video and Photos at DropShots.com


Upload Video and Photos at DropShots.com


Upload Video at DropShots.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home