Friday, December 10, 2004

u callin me chicken???

there is a professor of entrepreneurship/venture capital here that seems to have taken it upon himself to be my mentor. i initially approached him to help me coordinate a series of visits to local vc's. as soon as i went into his office he proceeded to look at my resume and almost interview me. i was like..huh?? i thought this was related to a trip, not me! then he starts telling me about all the things i need to be involved in, like this venture investment competition in which we will compete in the northeastern region. this means we are going against harvard and mit. mit is goin DOWN!!!! hahahaha...i think he pretty much wants me on the team. he mentioned he wanted a "motivated first year" to be on the team to have the experience and then for that student to become team captain the following year. at first i thought...ok he wants me to apply. but that doesn't mean i'm chosen. but then i went to this networking event last nite and he was basically taking me around and introducing me to people. he's such a hard ass too. as soon as he saw me he asked to see who i met. but i pulled out the business card of a exactly the biotech VC he wanted to intro me too. HA! mel got brownie points!

also he called me a chicken in an email! well actually he sent me the syllabus of the class he teaches, early stage funding. i looked at it and saw it has two requirements which i'm already enrolled in. so i write back to him...and say that it says it has two requirements, so perhaps i should take those first. he then writes back to tell me that sure, it says it has requirements...but if the prof waives them for you, then it's ok. but then he says...but if you think it's too early in your MBA career and you are scared of the snooty second years...then wait until next year to take it. dammit! i'm no chicken! i can't believe he called me chicken! that guy...but it's good. i know he does it to push me. make me try for my potential. i'm taking the class! sheesh!

it's my birthday today. so many people have wished me happy bday. makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :):):) no matter what happens in my life or my career, i'm always glad to have my friends and family. i love you guys!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home