Sunday, September 18, 2005

about me

ok so it seems like this has been a trend among the blogs i read. so therefore i guess i'll join in! yes i'm such a follower.


1. First Name?
Melanie
2. Were you named after anyone?
i think my aunt's coworker picked the name. as for my chinese name, it's after some woman in a chinese poem that my dad read.
3. Favorite hobby?
eating. that's a hobby right?
4. When did you last cry?
in a club in NYC because i was drunk, pmsing and therefore emotional, missing my bf, missing my friends and family at home, and pissed off cuz some guy yelled at me for hitting him in the head by accident
5. Do you like your handwriting?
depends on what pen i use. i find i write better with fine point skinny pens than thicker pens. oh i'm also a pen freak. love to collect cool pens.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat ?
either smoked turkey or pastrami. depends on how healthy i feel like being.
7. What is your birth date?
12-10-76
8. What is your most embarrassing CD?
not sure if i really have an embarrassing CD. I'd say my most embarrassing stuff is in cassette tape form. New Kids On the Block. joey was hot!!
9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
yes I would because i plan lots of fun stuff to do with my friends.
10. Are you a daredevil?
i try to be. people think i am. but deep inside i'm not.
11. What is your favorite cartoon character?
i dunno, i haven't watch cartoons in a long time. when i was a kid i used to really like thundercats. mebbe lion-o? if i were a kid now i think i'd like to watch X-men and like any character who either has cool mind powers or can fly. if they can do both that would be great!
12. Do looks matter?
i mind if i look good or not. as for sig other, looks can be something that catches my attention, however if the personality is not there to complement the good looks, that person can start to appear ugly to me. vice versa, i can think someone is only ok lookin, but if i think the personality is hot, the person becomes hot too!
13. How do you release anger?
working out and just sweating it out with cardio and a hard core weights session. either that or venting to my close friends on the phone. sometimes both could be neccessary
14. Where is your second home?
currently. pittsburgh, PA
15. Do you trust others easily?
yes. always have and won't change even when i've been burned. guess i just don't learn. haha
16. What was your favorite toy as a child?
i always wanted a transformer (my brothers wouldn't let me play with theirs) but my parents were afraid i'd turn into a boy since i hated dolls and lived in ratty old jeans. so i guess my second favorite was my bike.
17. What class in high school do you think was totally useless?
US History AP. Everyone was so competitive because doing well in that class meant you were really smart. But it wasn't the competition i hate. i think i just hate memorizing useless facts i know i will never use ever again.
18. Do you have a journal?
yes, my blog! when i was a kid i had this little pink journal. i think i only wrote in it every few years. mostly it was about boys...or the lack of. i'm so glad i finally got a bf in college! haha.
19. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
not really. i find sarcasm can be hurtful and i can be funny in other ways. i prefer goofy humor.
20. What are your nicknames?
mel, hunny, babe, meme, melsybo, boing the tree, jiggly, mer, meranie, mel mel
21. Would you bungee jump?
most definitely
22. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
not if i don't have to
23. Do you think that you are strong?
physically, yes i think i'm strong for a girl. i got me some guns. haha. emotionally, i'm weak when it comes to my family and friends but i'm strong when it comes to everything else.
24. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
oh so many to choose from. coffee ice cream with heath bar inside when i'm in a non fruity mood. blueberry and sweet cream (coldstone) when i'm in a fruity mood
25. Shoe Size?
7.5. rather small feet for my height. teddio likes to ask me "how do i teeter around on those things?" haha
26. Red or pink? red. i hate pink. i was traumatized as a child. although recently i've started liking pink to accent here and there. damn fashion trends.
27. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
again a two part answer. physically, i hate my legs. they aren't nice and slender and i have such transparent skin, you can see my veins. mentally, i hate that i have to study so hard when others can do just as well without barely lifting a book.
28. Who do you miss most?
my hunny and my family. and my close girl friends. i just can't choose one cuz i miss them all in different ways!
29. Will everyone you send this to send it back?
prolly not, i'm not sending this
30. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
blue work out shorts, no shoes. i'm sitting on my bed right now.
31. What are you listening to right now?
the sound of the cars driving past my duplex outside.
32. Last thing you ate?
a dinner that i cooked for me, my friends and my roomies last nite. spicy pork and tofu, steamed salmon with green onion and soy sauce, coke chicken (it doesn't taste like coke.), baby bok choy sauteed with garlic, sesame/soy sauce pickled cucumber, cucumber/spicy pepper sauteed veggies
33. If you were a color what would you be?
lavendar - soooothing
34. What is the weather like right now?
overcast. freaking pittsburgh. :-p
35. The last person you talked to on the phone?
my hunny
36. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
height but face is a close second.
37. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
nobody sent it. i copied from someone else's blog.
38. Favorite Drink?
depends. an ice cold glass of milk is refreshing on a hot day. i've also been known to be a boba fiend. as for alcoholic drinks, i've discovered the bellini-tini. mmmmmmmmm.....
39. Favorite Sport?
bball
40. Hair Color?
brown
41. Eye Color?
light brown
42. Do you wear contacts?
yes because i'm blind as a bat without them. i would perish if i had to survive in nature.
44. Last Movie You Watched?
Something's Gotta Give. it was surprisingly good.
45. Favorite Day of the Year?
any day where i get to see people i like or get to do something fun.
46. Scary Movies or Happy Endings?
happy endings. i'm a sappy sappy sap sap
47. Summer or winter?
both. summer means going out, having fun, bbq's, water sports, pool parties.
winter means snowboarding and cuddling
48. Hugs, nice words or a gift?
all of the above is much appreciated! but i suppose hugs would be best since nice words don't really do it for me when i'm feelin crappy. gifts don't generally work for me since people have a hard time figuring out what i like. besides, if it's just a material thing, i can just go buy it myself.
49. What Is Your Favorite Dessert?
my mom's blueberry pie. if i can't get that, heidi's pies - sour cream and blueberry. if i can't get that, creme brulee. if i can't get that, ice cream.
50. Who Is Most Likely To Respond?
didn't send this out
51. Who Is Least Likely To Respond?
ditto above
52. Living Arrangements?
living in a duplex in the pitts (pittsburgh) with 3 other male grad students.
53. What Books Are You Reading?
Negotiation and Strategy, Blink, course readers for Managing Intellectual Capital, B2B marketing, Negotiations
54. What’s On Your Mouse Pad?
i'm mousepadless. in undergrad, i had one of those clear ones. i put a pic of my family inside. at work, it was whatever free mousepad they got from dell.
55. What Did You Watch Last night on TV?
didn't watch TV last nite. tonite i'm watching 4400. although i normally don't have much time for TV.
56. Favorite Smells?
fresh laundry
57. (i'm making this one up since this questionnaire was missing 57)
if you could be an animal, what would you be?
a dragon - so i can fly, breath fire, and live forever in a world of imagination.
58. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
beatles! i wanna hold your haaaaaaand!!!! beatles remind me of my dad singing very loudly with a chinese accent while playing the guitar. hahaha...
59. Do you believe in Evolution or Creation?
evolution
60. What’s the furthest you’ve been from home?
deep in space with ender wiggins, riding on the back of Falkor right next to Atreyu in Fantasia, travelling with Belgarion to Riva. when i was a child, it was wherever my imagination took me. now it's where my pocketbook takes me. next on the list is HK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home