Tuesday, November 02, 2004

A VC called me back!! woo hoo!!

so as most of you know i'm trying to get into venture capital. i know it's very difficult to get in and very competitive...but that won't stop me from trying. so i sent an email to one of the founding partners of kleiner perkins late last nite and he called me back this morning! I was in class though and i wasn't able to hear my phone ring since i had it on silent. :) turns out my old CEO knows him and i was able to drop names in the email. i know it's just a voicemail but i'm SO excited that he called me back! he even seemed very nice in the message and offered to help me with summer internships in biotech. altho i'm not sure if he was aware that i've been working in biotech for the past 3 years already...haha. i told him i used to work at scimagix but i'm sure he's seen so many companies and has just lost track. either way i'm extremely happy he called back. also thanks to cathy and hemingway i have some good leads on speaking to other companies. how exciting! =D

still-- i know i need to talk to as many people as possible since it's not just knowing people, but also being at the right place at the right time. positions don't open up in VC's unless someone retires or they expand into another area. those of you reading...lemme know if you know anyone in the industry. thanks!

2 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Jane Lee said...

That's the way to go. I am very excited to hear that you have a good start. Dad is happy and proud of you too.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Jane Lee said...

That's the way to go. I am very excited to hear that you have a good start. Dad is happy and proud of you too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home