Friday, October 01, 2004

happy anniversary mom and dad!!

today is the 29th anniversary for my mom and dad. can you believe that? 29 years together and going strong. i love seeing my parents together...the way they joke together, the way they cook together. other than when my dad is at work, they are never apart. even when my mom wants to go shopping for hours and hours...my dad is always by her side. the sweet thing is that unlike other asian parents, they are completely affectionate with eachother. my mom will hold my dad's hand when walking outside. they give eachother smooches all the time in public...

i hope one day i will be like that with my future husband too....

2 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Jane Lee said...

Believe me! The 29 years of ups and downs were a journey that challenged our endurance and insanity. Your mom and dad have gone through thick and thin to raise you 3 to be a strong and all rounded person. Even though all of you are thankful, yet not until you are parents yourself and raise your own kids for twenty some years you won’t understand why we have certain expectation from each one of you. Unfortunately, when someone is not in the same frame of mind as ours, he will not understand what we mean and may do things as he wishes. I feel like I definitely fail in that respect. Well Mel, if you think I have a way to choose a good husband, may be you should follow more of my advise. But first of all, demand thyself first before you demand others. Set your goal, focus and go for it!

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Jane Lee said...

Dad says you need a good fighter who can fight for you and with you, but I say you only need a really good fighter. All you have to do is to be a good and caring general. That's what you are mastering in CMU. Isn't it? So, make your own judgement who is wiser, your dad or mom? This is Lesson #1 in Project Management. Hurrah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home